The Blue Tang® HYDRALLOY® knife is Underwater Kinetics new and improved take on the classic multi-functional divers knife. UK patented their own HYDRALLOY® steel to make a blade that is both strong and corrosion resistant. The HYDRALLOY® combines the best of both 316 and 420 steel combining in a steel that is hard enough to maintain an edge, strong enough for prying and resistant to corrosion in salt water.
A serrated edge allows for cutting through rope while a hooked edge is suitable for cutting through line. The blade runs the full length of the handle providing extra strength. The handle of the knife is easy to disassemble for thorough cleaning of the knife.
The signalling pommel on the end of the knife can be tapped against a divers tank to grab the attention of their dive buddy. In other knives this is an extension of the knife or joined directly to it as metal on metal which can encourage corrosion. In the Blue Tang knife this is separated by a plastic spacer to avoid metal on metal contact.
- Blunt tip blade
- HYDRALLOY® steel blade durable and corrosion resistant
- Quick disassembly for easy cleaning
- 5inch hollow ground double edged blade
- Serrated edge for cutting rope or line
- Hooked edge line cutter
- One hand removal and insertion to sheath
- Ozone resistant quick release knife straps
- Large choil for strong grip on the blade
- Stainless steel signalling pommel